Followers

Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Happy Brrr-Day

I discovered yesterday that Deedee's digis has a blog.  The challenge is a progressive one.  It's called "Digi of the Month Challenge."   Deedee also gives a free digi collection to get started.  Then when you enter your card on the blog, you get the next month's free too.  Otherwise, you pay $1.25 for it to be able to enter the challenge.  This month's freebie is "Happy Brrr-Day."  There are six images in both pre-colored and outline.

I thought it would be fun to enter this challenge and build up my Deedee's Images at the same time.  I used an outline image and colored it the way I wanted.  I also paper pieced the bear's sweater with a dp from Recollections.  The background layer is a digi paper from Digi Stamp Dreams called "Plaster."  It looked like snowballs thrown at a wall so I resized it to 5 1/2" square and printed it out for this challenge.  I printed and cut the image with my Silhouette Cameo and also grouped the sentiment.  The snowflakes are a Silhouette file.  (Did I ever mention that I am crazy about my Cameo?)  Bling is from Want2Scrap.



Challenges entered:
http://creativecardcrew.blogspot.com/ Birthday sentiment
http://justinspirationalchallenges.blogspot.co.uk/ Snowflakes
http://www.lovesrubberstampschallenges.com/ AG

 

9 comments:

  1. Margaret you did a wonderful job with this image. Love the paper pieced sweater and that b/g paper is so appropriate for the image. Glad you like your cameo some much. It's always nice to like a piece of equipment that you have purchased. So glad you were able to play along with us here at Deedee's DOM challenge. Can't wait to see what you come up with for next month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I'm so happy you found Deedee's Digis blog and joined in on the progressive challenge! Love how you had your Cameo cut out the image. Great coloring and the white snowflakes are the perfect touch!
    Kathy D.
    Deedee's Digis Sponsorship Coordinator

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Margaret what a fabulous card, love the image, thank you for letting me know about Deedee's challenge, hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute. Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fun birthday card! I love your paper-piecing and colouring :) Thank you for sharing your lovely card with us at Creative Card Crew this fortnight

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super fun card! Thanks for joining us this week over at Loves Rubberstamps! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad that you were able to get in on the challenge, Margaret! You did a fantastic job with these images. I love the combination of coloring and paper piecing. You're right -- that background paper is perfect with this! Thanks so much for joining us at Deedee's Digis!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Funny card. Thank you for joining us at Creative Card Crew. Good Luck, Joanna DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome to Deedee's progressive challenges! I'm glad you shared this fun card and played along with us this month! I love how you colored this fun little bear, and the background looks great too! Looking forward to having you join us again In January 2015!

    ReplyDelete