Followers

Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Tuesday Throwdown - Shaped Cards

Morning Peeps.  It time for another challenge over at Tuesday Throwdown.  The theme this week is Shaped Cards.   It's going to require a little more effort for some of you and some will have to think out of the box.  There are so many different shapes, other than the usual rectangle, square and circle.  Why not try your hand at a fancy fold card.  You can find a lot of them if you just google fancy fold cards.  Splitcoast Stampers has several too.

In order to put up a tree, you need a tree, right?  So Mr. Mousie went in search of the perfect tree.  I used the digi "Putting up a Tree."  You can find the digi here at our sponsor, Robyn's Fetish, for this challenge.  You can also find lots more cute stamps at the site.

I used a double easel design for my card.  It is not as difficult as it looks.  Google Double Easel Card.  That's what I did.  All I had to do was to follow the pictures and adjust the size as it was in metric.  I just decided how big I wanted my finished card and went from there.


Supplies used:
Bo Bunny 12x12 Winter Joy Snow Angels (I used both sides)
Stampin Up cardstock
Copic markers
Ice White Pearl Pen
Glossy Accents
Silhouette snowflake file
Sweet and Sassy sentiment

Challenges:
http://creativecardcrew.blogspot.com/ Christmas Joy
http://craftycardmakers.blogspot.com/ Cut It Out
http://squigglefly.blogspot.com/ Use Patterned Paper
 

9 comments:

  1. What an excellent choice for a shaped design Margaret!! I love the double easel and your choice of colors with the images is so bright and festive!! Well done my friend! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the easel cards and this one is just cute as can be! Thanks for playing in Squigglefly's challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just love your double easel. Fantastic beauty with great choice of colors. FabUUously darling, simply fab.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous - such a lovely design!

    Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers and More!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks so elaborate! I've never tried the double easel design. Adding this to my list of to do's! Your design is delightful and your sweet mouse hauling that tree is just the cutest! Hope your weekend is wonderful! ~Donna K

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous - I haven't been brave enough to try a double easel yet! I love the glossy accent detail on the digi. I am so honoured to be part of the Tuesday Throwdown team with you
    Ruth
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the double easel design- lots of fun for your scene. Loving the darling image- that mouse carrying the tree is darling! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card! Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Creative Card Crew. Hope to see you again.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card, thanks for sharing with us at Creative Card Crew with our Christmas Joy challenge hugs Tania (DT)xx

    ReplyDelete