Followers

Saturday, October 4, 2014

DS4J October Christmas Christmas Challenge

This month the Christmas challenge at DS4J is a sentiment.  There were two but I liked this one the best.  I used it for a card for one of my Design Teams, but it won't be made public until toward the end of October.  I saw this fold on another site and decided to try it.  Yes, I'm still on my "different folds" kick.  I used a sheet of 8.5 x 11 paper cut in half lengthwise.  Then I scored it at 5.5 and 2.75.  I first folded it on the 5.5 score line and then in the opposite direction on the 2.75 score line.  I used Anna Griffin 6x6 Emerald Forest for the background.  The die cut is done with a Spellbinders die on American Crafts foil cardstock.  I adhered it only half way onto the short side so that the card will open.  The sentiment is printed on Xpress It cardstock and outlined with a gold leaf pen.  Because the die is done with foil, it was a little difficult to photograph.  It really looks so much better in real life.

 
 
 
 

Challenges entered:
http://craftycatzweeklychallenge.blogspot.com/ All Sentimental
http://sisteractcardchallenge.blogspot.com/
http://www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com/ Anything Goes
http://artandimagesbykim.ning.com/group/lady-anne-s-friends/forum/topics/christmas-card-group-october

5 comments:

  1. Just love your card Margaret and the design of it too. It looks like the frame is velvet is it?
    Love ~ Lady Anne xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, it is a foil cardstock with a very delicate pattern I. It.

      Delete
  2. I really like this fold and the colors and image seem rich. Thank you for posting your art with us this week during our 152nd challenge at Word Art Wednesday. Hoping you have a fine, fun day, full of glorious giggles, with buckets of blessings from Heaven as you work, and play.
    Carole Robb Bisson

    ReplyDelete
  3. a beautiful card, thank you for joining in our challenge at Crafty Catz, hope to see you again
    Tilly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Margaret this is just gorgeous. Just love the fun fold and design paper. Thank you for taking the time to use this month’s free Christmas image. You have automatically qualified to receive next month’s Christmas image for free, which will be emailed to you at the beginning of November.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Digistamps4Joy Christmas Challenge Co-ordinator}
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete