Followers

Monday, March 3, 2014

Cards for OWH

It's not often that I get an inspiration in the middle of the night and act on it.  Actually, it wasn't the middle of the night.  I just could not get to sleep, so I got up and decided to do a card similar to one I had seen online.  I think the inspiration came from a card by Pam (Airborn Stamper's Wife) on OWH.  I save a lot of her cards and use them for inspiration.  So, the second of these two cards was completed at 1:30 a.m.  I think now it is time to go to bed and try to sleep.  Otherwise, I'll be kind of sleepy and cranky tomorrow.

They were so easy to make.  The first card uses a piece of patterned paper for the strip and the second uses MME washi tape.  The stamps are from SU and the die cuts from Creative Memories.  The red and black cardstock is Recollections and the white is Bazzill.  The white in the top card is textured and in the second, embossed although it is hard to tell on either card.

I dipped into my stash for almost everything on these cards.  The Bazzill paper is about two or three years old.  The CM dies I have had for several years.  The only thing that is recently purchased is the washi tape on the second card.

 
Challenges:
 

3 comments:

  1. Marge, these are so cute and so quick! People will really enjoy making these! Washi tape is so fun, I've been doing more of it lately!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely cards! Perfect for our Add a Sentiment challenge over at Glitter n Sparkle Challenge Blog. So glad you joined us this week. Best of luck in the draw! We will have a new challenge starting tomorrow so I hope you can play along again!

    KT Fit Kitty
    Glitter n Sparkle DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both great CAS cards and love the sentiment fonts -thanks for joining us at 613 Avenue Create
    carol DT x

    ReplyDelete