Followers

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

The Outlawz October 16

The sketch for this week is up over at The Outlawz.  Hop on over and see what great cards the design team have created for you. When I saw this sketch, my first thought was a gatefold card. 
 
The Sketch:
 
 
I used a letter size piece of cardstock and cut it lengthwise at 5 1/2 inches.  Then, I scored it at 2.75 inches from each end and folded those pieces over.  I used a piece of My Mind's Eye 6x6 Miss Caroline cardstock and cut two pieces at 2.5 x 5.25 each and adhered them to the front panels.  I cut two pieces of green for the panels and adhered them to the front.  I used the print and cut feature on my Cameo to design the panel with the image.  After I cut it, I colored it with Copics and ran a black Sharpie along the edge.  The little flowers were an after thought on two places that I slipped with the Sharpie.  Since three is a better number, I added one more flower.  The pearl centers are from Want2Scrap.
 
My finished card:
 

Another view showing how it is opened:


2 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Margaret, and what a great way to use the sketch! :)
    Lizy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love what you did Marge! the colors are awesome and the opening is so creative! Great job!

    ReplyDelete