Followers

Monday, August 5, 2013

American Heart Sketch Challenge #15

I can hardly believe that I am doing challenge 15 for Atlantic Heart Sketch Challenge already.  It seems like I just started as DT on this site last week.  The submissions are growing by the week, but there is still a long way to go.  So, if you are reading this before you look at the site, head on over there and join us.

The sketch is easy:
 
My card:

 
I  had originally thought I would just do a sentiment as the focal image.  As I was looking for paper for the background, I found this with the shoe pattern.  Then I remembered I had an image from DS4J by Jen Lee that was a square with the four shoes.  I printed and cut it out on my Cameo and colored the image with Spica pens.  The pens give the image a little bit of a shine.  The sketch shows stitching around the image, but I decided to put it around the background.  It is real stitching.  I still have a ways to go to perfect it, but the only way that is going to happen is to do it more often.
 

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful card thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My first thought is someone has a shoe addiction. But this is a fabulously fun card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this card, I love the shoes and bags!

    ReplyDelete