Followers

Monday, July 8, 2013

Flourishes Tuesday 7-9


 
 
Welcome to Day 1 of the Flourishes July Reveal Week!  Yeehaw!  Are you as excited as I am about seeing what Flourishes has to offer this month?!  We are simply giddy about introducing our first of FOUR new stamp sets this month.  Don't forget, you'll have many instances to WIN some of our new stamp sets for your very own! And this, our first new stamp set....



...are as though they are fresh clipped from the garden.  These breathtaking Dahlias would be a prize on any card or creation. Illustrated by Marcella Hawley, this 4 by 6" set features two gorgeous main images plus five all occasion sentiments, perfect for all kinds of creations.

AND...here's one way to win this gorgeous new stamp set for your collection...



You need to find out who today's Mystery Blogger is!  Hidden among the Design Team is one Designer who has this set to give away. Comment on that blog and you could win today's beautiful Dahlias stamp set!

Now...on to our challenge...

The theme this week is "Seeing Clearly" - create a card using acetate.

I actually made two cards for this challenge from Flourishes Tuesday.  The first one uses the new release stamp set for today, Dahlias.  For this card, I stamped the image on a piece of white cardstock and colored it with Copic Markers.  I was not sure what colors dahlias came in so I googled it.  The very first picture that came up showed the flower with yellow and orange coloring.  I immediately fell in love with it.  I used a transparency that was left over from about five years ago when I was doing a lot of scrapbooking.   I attached it to the colored image using brads from my stash.   Then I used Copic markers and colored the flowers that were on the transparency.  I attached this combination to a yellow card base I made using Stampin Up Daffodil Delight.  The picture doesn't show the transparency very well, but it is exactly the same size as the white layer.

 
 

For my second project today, I used this tutorial from SplitcoastStampers to create this Shaker Card.  You can find the instructions here 



I used a piece of acetate from a clear stamp set and cut it with a Spellbinders die.  It didn't cut all the way through because the acetate was too thick.  I had to fussy cut around the indentations made by the die.  I used Flourishes Berry Sweet stamp set.  You can find it here. I stamped it on the outside of the acetate with Stazon Jet Black and colored the underside with Copics because they don't work with Stazon.  For the inside of the shaker box, I used Stampendous pearlized Mica Fragments.  I cut the outside frame with the same Spellbinder die and adhered it to the acetate.  Then I put foam tape all around the frame, added the mica and adhered it to the base piece.  The sentiment was cut with the smallest die in the set and is also from the same stamp set.  I added a couple pieces of ribbon to finish it off.  The cardstock for the base and the dp are from Bazzill.


Today we have both our Flourishes Finest Design Team AND our Friends of Flourishes Team sharing their "Seeing Clearly" inspirations with you!  Take a moment and leave some love on all of our designers' blogs for your chance to win this gorgeous new stamp set.

Have fun hopping along and good luck!
 

33 comments:

  1. How perfect - the yellow with orange border dahlias are amazing! The shaker card in deeper blues is very trendy, right-on!! Love the mica flake touch!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love this stamp set, it looks like a lot of fun to colour!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both cards are gorgeous and I was wondering if acetate would die cut, I will give it try now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would probably cut better with a Sizzix steel cut die than it did with Spellbinders. I had to fussy cut around the edges before I could use it.

      Delete
  4. Lovely card! Congrats on being the GD this month!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty card! You colored those dahlias beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards Margaret! Love the shaker card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your coloring is right on. Both cards are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful cards! Lovely colors.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both cards are lovely. Attaching the acetate with the cute little brads was a stroke of genius. You have inspired me. Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both are lovely cards. That shaker card is fun, great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Margaret, both these cards are so pretty! I love the coloring on the acetate on the first card, and the shaker turned out great. I'm enjoying seeing your creations every week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the design of both cards. The shaker card is beautiful. Coloring is great. Great job on both cards...Thank you....

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very pretty cards! Wonderful shaker card, I like how you stamped & colored on the acetate, and the blues!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, two creations...the MOJO must have been flowin' in your craft room because these are lovely! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful cards! Enjoyed the pics of your cats, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Both your cards a beautiful! Love how you colored the dahlia! Great shaker card! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  17. OH MY!Great cards!They are VERY PRETTY!Love your coloring!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Both are very pretty and creative!!! Loved seeing the photos on your blog of your kitties, too :>)

    ReplyDelete
  19. These cards are both very pretty. Love those shaker cards.

    ReplyDelete
  20. BOTH of your cards are FABULOUS MARGARET!!!!!!!!!!:) SUPER JOB!!!!!!!!!:) I ESPECIALLY LIKE your yellow card!!!!!!!! WOW!!!!!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Two beautiful cards!! Love that blue paper on the second. Congrats on being guest designer for the month.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congratulations on being guest designer. Lovely cards. I really like the idea of colouring with copics on the acetate - love that transparent stained glass look.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Very cheery colors on the Dahlia card and sweet berry card.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lovely cards and I love how you attached the brads on the yellow card.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Very pretty card...very nice idea to attach the acetate using brads.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great cards!!! Love the colors on both!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Sweet! I really love the shaker card!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh Margaret! They are both beautiful! Great job on the challenge this week. Can't wait to see what you create this week!

    ReplyDelete