Followers

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Christmas In July

Need to get a head start on your Christmas cards?  Then hop on over to Flourishes Timely Tuesday challenge for some really great inspiration.  For my card, I used the Pointsettia and Pine stamp set. 

I stamped the image onto a piece of Bazzill cardstock with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink.  I took a chance on using Copics to color the image because I've been told it is not a good paper to use with them.  I disagree with them as it worked fine. It didn't run and it blended well.  What more could I ask?  I used a Spellbinders scalloped circle to cut the image and then drew a circle with the Cameo to use for the backing.  The sentiment block is also cut with Spellbinders.  I think the corner dies were from Die-Namics.    Then I used Want2Scrap bling on the curners.  The fancy border die cut is done with my Cameo.  The center of the flower is done with Gold Stickles.  The dp is from a Dovecraft 6x6 stack.

 
Challenges entered:

http://christmascardsallyearround.blogspot.com/ Christmas
 

6 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous card this week Margaret! I love the paper, your beautiful design and your great colouring! A fabulous holiday card indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely colored image and your papers are so festive! This will certainly be a showpiece on someone's mantle come Christmas time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your lovely Christmas card for CCAYR 'all about Santa' - hope to see you again soon, Hazel, CCAYR design team - you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for July - I'd love to see it there too. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Christmas card, Margaret! Love that you used the traditional colors and the added bling is "just right"!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How pretty! Love the fun paper, that lacy border, and, of course, the beautifully colored image! Sure have enjoyed seeing your creations this month!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sucha beautiful card. Love your attention to detail. Thanks for joining us at Christmas Cards all year Round. Come back August 1st to see the new challenge.

    ReplyDelete