Followers

Monday, June 3, 2013

Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge #6

Morning Peeps.  This is my first entry as a member of the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge Design Team.  I am very happy to have been chosen for this team.  If you  have never heard of it, check it out here.  If your mojo is sagging, it's a great place to be for sketches to help jump start your mojo.

Here is the sketch for Challenge 6.  Your finished project is due no later than Sunday, June 9, at 11:59 AST (that's equivalent to EST).  Winners will be posted on Wednesday.  You can also find all the past sketches on the blog.

 
For my card, I decided to use the quilling supplies I bought about a year ago and have just  been sitting on the shelf in my craft closet.  They weren't doing me any good there.  I just made some circles of varying sizes and attached them to the card.  I want to learn how to make different shapes.  That's my next project for a rainy day.   The sentiment layer was cut with a Spellbinder die and stamped with a Hero Arts stamp.  I added a little distress ink to make it stand out and also used foam tape to adhere it to the card.  The card base is made from Recollections cardstock and the green printed layer is from the Old World stack by DCWV.  The bling was in my stash, maker unknown.

 

5 comments:

  1. It's always nice when you can fin a reason to did out some neglected supplies. I have a ton of quilling papers and made just one snowflake about two years ago. Thanks for hopefully prompting me to drag out my supplies. Very nice, colorful card. Fabulous sentiment. Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card.... love all the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is marvelous! What a fun interpretation of the sketch. Sorry you're under the weather too. Hope it gets better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how your incorporated quilling into your card, Margaret! Great idea. Stick with it! It can be just as addicting as the rest of your craft stash... I'm going to try and link up with Atlantic Hearts this week (as my heart belongs to PEI, although I live in Ontario).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this Margaret. Have you used that quilling tool to roll up some of those lovely flowers on the AP and Artiste carts. Sames technique and it so much fun. Uhmmm, I have really become addicted to making those roses!!Love that tamp as well !! Good job !!

    ReplyDelete