Followers

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Tuesday Throwdown #144

Good morning, Peeps.  Welcome to the new Tuesday Throwdown challenge #144.  Today's challenge is to make your own background and use twine.  Our sponsor for this challenge is The Twinery.  If you have never checked out their twine, there is no better time than the present.  They have some really great deals on twine.  I labored over this challenge for a long time.  I came up with several ideas as to how to make my own background.  After about four or five different tries, I finally settled on the one I used.  I found this shaving cream technique on Splitcoast Stampers.  I tried it and I liked it.  It was a little messy, but fun.  I had already printed out these pre-colored Gemma the Giraffe images in various sizes from Digital Delights by Louby Loo for another project I was doing.  It worked perfect for a Mother's Day Card.  And, of course, the twine is from The Twinery.

 
 
 

 

6 comments:

  1. Hi Margaret, this technique has been on my mind for ages but haven't tried it yet. It looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the background and the twine is perfect.

    Your DT Sister at Tuesday Throwdown

    TTFN,

    CraftyGirl
    craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the marbling the shaving cream technique creates. Your card is so cute and love the way you used the twine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great way to make a background! Love this cute card!
    <3 Emily L.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just adorable! Those giraffes are just the cutest! Great gackground, too!

    Your DT sister,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete