Followers

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Big Mouth

The Sunday release at DigiStamps4Joy includes this adorable hippo stamp.  You can find this and many more new stamps at the store here in today's new releases.  When I first saw the stamp, I was reminded of the time I had a behind the scenes tour at the Los Angeles Zoo, compliments of my daughter who is a keeper there.  I was able to feed the hippos.  I couldn't believe how wide they could open their mouths.  They are so lazy, that they just open their mouths and wait for you to toss the food in.  They were eating apples and lettuce the day I was there.  So, of course, I had to have an apple to feed this guy.  I cut the apple with my Cameo.  I colored the image with Copic markers and added some bling from Want2Stamp.  I deliberately kept the card rather simple because I wanted to highlight the hippo.



 

2 comments:

  1. Great card Margaret, love the digi, and how nice is the apple on it!

    hugs Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing how far some animals can open their mouths. Totally cute.

    ReplyDelete