Followers

Monday, March 11, 2013

The Outlawz Color Challenge 3/12

The Outlawz Tuesday Color Challenge for this week presented a challenge for awhile for me.  That is, until I pulled out my poppy stamp set from Hero Arts to do a challenge for a different site.  The challenge was to use the colors orange, chocolate and gold.  I looked through all my dp and couldnt find anything that I thought was good enough for this challenge.  So, to me that meant that the image had to be the main idea.  In a class a couple weeks ago, we used gold leafing pens.  I haven't done much with it since I bought it a couple years ago so I pulled it out.  I cut a piece of Stampin' Up
Chocolate Chip the size of my card base.  Then I cut another piece of the same paper a quarter inch smaller on on the top and bottom.  This smaller piece, I edged with the gold leafing pen.  After I colored the image with Copic markers, I cut it smaller than the gold leafing so that it formed a frame.  I added a ribbon in brown and then adhered the whole thing to the card base.


 
 
I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
 

2 comments:

  1. Your card is gorgeous! Love the colors and the gold leafing pen looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful. Dad would have loved it.

    ReplyDelete