This week at Tammy's Scrapin Corner #52, the challenge is red, green and a ribbon. Our sponsor is QKR Stampede. My image is called "Irish Bear." At first, I thought it was a weird color combination for so close to St. Patrick's Day. But I finally made it work for me. I chose to do a Z-fold card. I started with a 6x12 inch piece of white paper and went from there. I had a tutorial I found on the web, but it got to a certain point and then didn't make sense. I figured it out though. Our guest designer for this challenge is Dayan Marin. You can find her fantastic cards here: http://dahlymar.blogspot.com/
1. Fold the 6x12 paper in half so that the outside of the card is on the inside. Don't worry, it will not always be that way.
2. Fold one of the squares in half again. Now the outside is outside again.
3. Cut a square of cardstock slightly smaller than the 6x6 square and the 3x6 rectangle.
4. Cut a piece of dp slightly smaller than the papers in #3.
5. Adhere these papers to the square/rectangle.
6. Cut a rectangle 4x6 from white cardstock.
7. Punch one short end of the 4x6 rectangle.
8. Cut a piece of cardstock 4.75 by 3.75 and adhere it to the punched piece.
9. Cut a piece of dp 4.5 by 3.5 and adhere it on top of that piece.
10. Tie a ribbon around this piece just above the punched part and adhere it to the 3.6 rectangle.
11. Add a flower or other embellishment toward the top of the 6x6 square so that when the card is open, the top of the 4.6 piece tucks under the flower and it will stand up.
12. Add your image.
Recollections red cardstock
American Crafts white cardstock
Stampin Up button
Martha Stewart punch
Challenges I'm entering with this card:
http://avenue613.blogspot.com/ Anything Goes with Tic Tac Toe theme - free, digital image, ribbon
http://challenges4everybody.blogspot.co.uk/ Anything Goes
http://www.creativeinspirationspaint.blogspot.com/ Anything Goes
http://greatimpressionsstamps.blogspot.com/ Going Green
http://hobbycutzchallenges.blogspot.com/ Anything Goes
http://nomatterwhichchallenges.blogspot.com/ Anything Goes
http://thatcraftplaceblog.blogspot.com/ Anything Goes