Followers

Friday, March 8, 2013

Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge

I have been chosen to be a Guest Designer on Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge for this week.   I can never pass up a challenge to make a Christmas card.  The sponsor for their challenge is DigiStamps4Joy.  I am a designer for DS4J.  You can check out the fabulous digi images in the store here.  I chose to use Santa's Helper.

I wanted to do a step card so I googled it and found this tutorial for a Front Panel Side-Step Card.

 

 
 
I simply cut a piece of 12x12 white American Crafts cardstock in half for the card base and followed the directions in the picture.  I used my craft knife to cut the slit, but you can use your trimmer if you feel confident enough to get it measured correctly.
 
I have had the printed paper for so long, that I no longer remember the maker.  The other white and the red cardstock are from Recollections.  I cut the panels with Spellbinders Resplendent Rectangles.  That is rapidly becoming my favorite die set.  I colored the image with Copic markers and used Barn Door Distress Ink in the background.  The greenery is cut with a Martha Steward punch.  I used my Silhouette Cameo to cut the flowers in two sizes in both red and white, then layered them alternating colors.  The sentiment stamp is from  KaiserCraft.   I stamped it on plain white then cut a penant freehand.  Same for the red layer.
 

3 comments:

  1. Very pretty card - love all the co-ordinating colour embellishments and a very sweet image too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could easily use Jack Skellington and make a nice Nightmare Before Christmas card. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much, Margaret, for being my guest for CHNC challenge 115 with this super card - I love it xx

    ReplyDelete