Followers

Monday, February 4, 2013

The Outlawz - February 5 - Sew What

I picked the color scheme for this challenge for this week's The Outlawz color challenge.   I had never tried real sewing on a project and thought what better time than the present.  My twist is to add sewing, either faux or real.  I had done a lot of faux sewing so I opted for real this time.  I made it harder than it needed to be because I wanted to use a decorative die cut.  I used a paper piecing template from SU for this.  I photocopied the template, then used temporary adhesive to adhere it to the tan cardstock and fussy cut it.  I then pierced the holes and removed the photocopy from the cardstock.  I used embroidery floss to stitch the holes.  It took quite a while because the holes were so close together.  But, I liked the effect of the tiny stitches.  I die cut an oval with a Sizzix die to back the flower digi.  I don't remember whose digi it is.  I colored the digi with Copics.  The textured paper is from a pack that I got some time ago.  It is quite a bit thicker than regular cardstock, but it has great texture to it.    The sentiment is a Hero Arts stamp and the bling is from my stash.  I used a SU die to cut the piece for the sentiment.  I popped the die cut with foam tape to give it even more dimension.  I still need to pull the machine out and sew with it now that I have done some hand stitching.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment