Followers

Monday, February 25, 2013

The Outlawz - Feb. 26

The color combination for today's challenge at The Outlawz is red, white and blue.  The twist is to add shine.  While these are very patriotic colors, I decided to wait to do a patriotic card until closer to a holiday like Independence Day.  Instead, I chose to use this monster from Doodle Dragon, our sponsor for this month and some of my red, white and blue papers.
 
 

 
While it doen't show up in the picture, this is a window card.  I cut the large opening with Spellbinders Labels Twenty-Seven in the large red, white and blue dp.  Then I cut another white layer with Spellbinders Decorative Twenty-Seven die.  The  third layer down is the layer with the image which I colored with Copics.  I inked the edges of the cut out layers with distress ink and layered them all on a card base.  I cut several circles out of the dp and popped them with foam tape.  The last thing I did was to add the shine for the twist.  For that, I put Glossy Accents on each of the stars in the centers of the circles.

2 comments:

  1. I love this card margaret! Great DP and layers, the image is marvellous :-)
    Hugs,Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to say it looked like a monster, LOL. Very cute.

    ReplyDelete