Followers

Monday, February 11, 2013

Tammys Scrapin Corner Challenge #49

Morning peeps.  So happy to see you today.  I hope you will take some time and join the challenge at Tammy's Scrapin Corner.  Challenge #49 for Tammy's Scrapin Corner is to use homemade embellishments.  Our fabulous sponsor for this challenge is Eureka Stamps.  I used Flower Basket for my card.

 
It was a fun challenge. When I first read the DT assignment to make something homemade to use as an embelllishment, I was quite fearful that I could not come up with something.  I envisioned having to tell Tammy that I was going to sit this challenge out.  It took a couple of days for the light to dawn and I remembered that I was saving used dryer sheets for making flowers.  Duh!  So I pulled out a handful of them and spent a morning making flowers.  This was my favorite of the ones I made.  
 
Procedure:
 
First I pulled out some of my Sizzix dies that had layered flowers on them.  I folded two dryer sheets in half making four layers.   For this flower, I used Flower Layers #3.  There are three flowers on the die.  Next I ran the sheets through the Big Shot.  This gave me four of each of size for a total of 12 layers of flowers.
 
Next I used Distress Stain on all 12 layers and set it aside to dry while I colored the image with Copic markers.  Once the image was colored I used Spellbinders Labels Twenty-Six to cut it out.  While it was still in the die, I sponged a little Mustard Seed distress ink around the edges. 
 
I rummaged through my stash of things I have colored, dies I have cut and sentiments I have stamped.  I found the background that I had done some time ago, using alchol inks on photo paper.
 
When the flowers were dry, I put them together with a brad from my stash and then sprayed the fully constructed flower with a product I got as a freebie at a show I attended last month.  It's called Spray & Sparkle.  It needs a lot of ventilation.  I had to open the window of my craft room (it's mid-winter) to get the odor out.
 
The greenery is cut with a Martha Stewart punch.  All that was left was to stamp a sentiment with StazOn and put the card together.  The card base is from Stampin Up.
 
I hope you will join us at Tammy's Scrapin Corner for this challenge and maybe even make a flower from used dryer sheets.
 
Challenges entered:
 
 http://delightfulsketches.blogspot.com/
http://just-hanna-stamps.blogspot.com/
http://challenges4everybody.blogspot.co.uk/
http://onestitchatatimechallenge.blogspot.com/
 

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Margaret and that flowers is amazing.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card beautiful colours and the flower is lovely. Thank you for joining us at Challenges 4 Everybody.

    Joan x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful! Ever since you mentioned using dryer sheets I have been accumulating mine lol so now I have them but did not take the time to create your wonderful flowers yet!

    Thanks for joining us at OSAAT this week. Hope to see you again next week. DT Crafting Vicky

    ReplyDelete