Followers

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Side Step Card with Homemade Flower

I had some time to myself so I decided to try something I had not done before.  I had this pattern for a side step card and these homemade flowers so I thought I would make something with them. 


 
I used a piece of double sided cardstock from American Crafts that I have had for well over a year.  I used Spellbinders Resplendent Rectangles for the die cuts.  The image, Hibiscus 001,  is from DigiStamps4Joy.  I colored the image with Copic Markers.  For the handmade flower, I used some pieces from my scrap pile.  The brad is old, also from my stash.  The sentiment came from the dollar bin at Michaels. 
 
I am entering this in the following challenges:
http://deepoceanchallengeblog.blogspot.com/ - Letter B (birthday card)
http://craft-roomchallenge.blogspot.com/ - handmade embellishments (flower)
 

10 comments:

  1. Such a joyous card you have created with those beautifully bright happy colours. Love your flower you have made, well done you *smile* Great stamp from DS4J which you have coloured so nicely. Thank you for sharing with us at Lady Anne's Challenges. I hope we see you again soon.
    Love ~ Lady Anne xx
    Lady Anne's Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, Love the spring colours & wonderful design... Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so colourful Margaret and you have coloured the flowers so professionally. Your pinwheel looks fabulous - did you follow my tutorial - just curious.
    Happy Valentines Day
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a beautiful vibrant card and I love the hand made flowers, perfect for our challenge. Thanks for joining us at Craft Room Challenge and good luck. Julia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty. I love the purple in the flowers. Thanks for joining us at TTCRD.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've always admired people who make these step cards. I have no patience for it! Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OOh what pretty flowers finishing off a lovely card...Thanks so much for sharing with us at Craft-Room..Esther xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous, colourful card! I love your pinwheels! Thanks for joining in with our Handmade Embellishments theme at the Craft-Room this fortnight.

    Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card - love the bright colours! Thank you for
    joining us at Lady Anne's Challenges (Nana Vic's).

    ReplyDelete