Followers

Saturday, February 16, 2013

Bonus Valentine

Shelly's Images is having a Bonus Valentine challenge for this month.  Shelly provided a free digi to those who wanted to enter the challenge.  This is what I came up with.

 
I used the heart with the keyhole.  I didn't use the key because I couldn't figure how to get it cut out right since I am  having issues with my Cameo right now.  Anyway, the key is not necessary because the sentiment says YOU have the key.  I used Recollections for my card base and embossed it with a Sizzix folder.  I fussy cut the heart and outlined it with 110 black Copic marker.  I colored the heart with Copics.  I used American Crafts foil paper to cut the flourish with a Sizzix die and also for the background for the sentiment.  The flower is from Prima and the heart brad is from my stash.  I used Rouge Liquid Pearls in the centers of the embossed hearts.
 
 Challenges I'm entering with this card:
 

10 comments:

  1. Margaret, this is just so pretty! I love your coloring on the heart and that embossing with the hearts is the perfect background! Thanks so much for joining our Bonus Challenge. Be on the look out on March 1st because we will have another fun Bonus Challenge and an awesome freebie to use with it.
    -Shelly
    Shelly's Images.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Margaret! Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's
    Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A really pretty card..Thank you for joining us at Sweet Pea Stampers this month and hope to see you again.
    Lozzy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card! Love the heart and the embossed
    background. Thanks for joining us at Pattie’s
    Creations Design Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for playing in our 'Valentine's Day' Challenge #61!
    Sandi ♥
    DT Coordinator for Pattie's Creations Challenge!
    and Pattie's shop
    Home of Pattieboop and Allie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Margaret,this is a gorgeous card.Love the colours and all the pretty details. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Ann's
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have made a lovely card here. Thanks for taking part in the Sweet Pea Stampers Challenge this month of “use a digi” and best of luck. We hope to see you back again very soon. Best wishes, Kym, Sweet Pea Stampers Design Team xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card! Thank you for joining QKR's Challenge this week.
    Ruza ~ QKR DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card Margaret, love what you did with the heart digi.
    Thank you for joining us at Shelly's images.
    Greetings, Marianne

    ReplyDelete