Followers

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

DS4J - Oh My . . . How Time Flies #58

I had several ideas for this challenge on DS4J to create something showing "Oh My . . . How Time Flies."  I had at first thought to use a clock with wings.  I have several clock materials: paper, embossing folder, stamps.  Then I decided that most people would have that same idea.  I checked out the DS4J store and found this beautiful verse for a 100 year old person.    Looked through many sketches and found one I like.  However, the end product looks nothing like the sketch I started out with.  That happens often.  Also, I wanted to use some materials that I have had for a long time, paid a lot for and put on the shelf unused.  I pulled out my stash of Shimmer Sheetz by Els.  The piece I used for my background was exactly the same size as the card bases I had so I went from there.  Since there was a butterfly in the image, I pulled out the Spellbinders Butterflies Circles.  I printed the image on Neenah Classic Crest Solar White paper and cut it out with the die.  I colored it with my Copics.  I used the tiny butterflies from the die for accents on my background.  I forgot to attach the ribbon before I adhered the Shimmer Sheetz to the base so I ran the ribbon all around the top of the card.  I made the bow by just folding ribbon back and forth a couple times and tieing it in the middle with a piece of silver string from my stash.  I am pleased with it.  Now I just have to find someone who is going to be 100 years old soon to give it to.

 
Challenges entered

7 comments:

  1. Hi Margaret - this is a lovely card. I love the background card and also your wonderful bow! Thanks for sharing your card at Lexi's Creations this time in our "Anything Goes" challenge.
    Helen x (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just gorgeous Margaret!

    hugs Amanda xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card and so elegant, the white works so well with the 'rainbow' background and I love the way you have used the tiny butterflies as embellishments.

    Thank you for sharing with us at Ooh La La creations
    Alli x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a pretty card, such a lovely rainbow background and fabulous die cut.
    Thank you for joining us at Ooh La La Creations.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marge, as always your work speaks volumes! The color combination is exceptional and gives me some inspiration to use those Shimmer Sheetz.... Your friend in Oregon! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely!
    Thank you for playing along with us at Creative Creations Challenges. We hope you'll come back again soon
    Jill DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so stunning,
    I love the colors so warm

    Thank you so much for Entering our challenge at Artistic inspirations.

    We wish you the best of luck on your creation this week, We hope to see you back soon.

    Hugs Tammy Ortiz Design Team for Artistic Inspirations

    ReplyDelete