Followers

Monday, November 5, 2012

The Outlawz Color Challenge 11-6

Teresa chose this great picture of her father for this week's challenge. It was black and white and she wanted to use it for the color challenge. Guylou took the colors Teresa said and colorized the image.
 
 
 
I had a really hard time trying to come up with something for this one.  The colors just didn't seem to want to go together for me.  Then, the vintage twist added more frustration.  I finally decided to take one of my own pictures from when I was four years old and use it for the basis of the card.  I had this fabulous sack from the shop hop that was totally vintage in looks and was close to the right tan.  I adhered it to a piece of darker brown (it doesn't look like it in the picture, but it is darker than the bag).  I distressed the edges of the green strip with the Tim Holtz distressing tool.  for the ovals, I used Spellbinder dies.  I sponged my picture with Tim Holtz Vintage Photo distressing ink.  The leaves came from a pack of fall leaves by Recollections that I bought last week at Michaels. The button is from Stampin' Up neutrals and the little string is from Hemptique.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment