Followers

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Kneeling Santa

The challenge for the first week of the month at Crafting by Designs is:   It is the first Friday of a new month and that means it is a Copic Coloring Challenge! Your challenge this month is to get down to business and make a Holiday Card! Bonus Challenge...use a stamp that you haven't used yet this year (or a brand new one.)

No problem.  I bought this kneeling Santa from Our Daily Bread Designs during the summer to use for my Christmas cards.  Ever since the first time I saw this picture, I  have been wanting to do something with it.  So when I saw the stamp, I knew what I wanted to do.  I used a whole bunch of Copics to color it.  My marker that I usually use for white ran dry so I had to use a little darker C series color than I would have liked.  I will wait to get the marker refilled before I finish my cards.  I put Pearl Pen Ice White on Santa's fur trim.

I used a Cuttlebug folder to emboss the white layer, then adhered that layer with foam tape.  The ribbon is from a spool I got last year to finish up some cards.  The sentiment stamp is from Judith.  I bought it at a stamp expo last year and have never used it.  So, both my stamps qualify this card for the challenge.

 

1 comment: