Followers

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Dynamic Duos #29 (Faux Flower Soft)


 
This card kind of evolved piece by piece.  I was at a weekend crop and had taken a copy of the Dynamic Duo challenge with me.  I looked through my sketch notebook and found a sketch that had the curved piece of paper - not quite as curved as I make the snowbank - with a line of flowers along the curve.  It became the outline of my snowbank.  I borrowed the snowman stamp from one of the croppers and the snowflake die from another.  It is fun to work with 31 other croppers.  No matter what you need,  someone is willing to let you borrow it if you don't have it.
 
For this card, I cut the cardbase to 5.5 x 4.25 and added the black layer.  I tore a piece of white cardstock to be the snowbank and adhered it to the blue cardstock and adhered it to the black.   Then I stamped the snowman on the blue.  I also stamped the snowman on white, colored it and fussy cut it out.  The bird and the snowman's arms are only on the blue.  I popped him onto the image on the blue.  The saying is from the same stamp set as the snowman.  Once I got that far, it was looking a little too simple.  "Anyone got a snowflake die?"  The Cheery Lynn 4x4 snowflake die appeared in front of me.  I used a few of the snowflakes from the die in the sky.  It still looked like it needed something,   A little bling helped and I said "it is done."  When I got home, I decided it still needed something because the snow looked so blah.  I made some faux flower soft by rubbing two pieces of styrofoam together.  I rubbed Glossy Accents over the snowbank and applied the styrofoam.  At this point, I declared it finally finished.  

3 comments:

  1. Very sweet snow scene and such a clever way to make snow! Must remember that one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great card. ;-) I love how you created the snowbank, and I love all the extra little touches you added to complete it. Nice job with the colors! Glad you could join Dynamic Duos this week. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute..cute..cute!! I love how you did the snow..what a great touch. Super sweet snowman too. Thanks for joining us this week at Dynamic Duos.

    ReplyDelete