Followers

Monday, September 24, 2012

Dryer Sheet Flower - The Outlawz 9-25

I have been playing with this technique for a couple weeks since I learned about it in a class.  I took a used dryer sheet and die cut the flowers.  I sprayed Glimmer Mist on my craft sheet and then soaked the flowers in it.  When they dried, I was ablel to construct the three layer flower. I used a distress ink on the leaves, but it doesn't really show in the picture.  It does in real life.



This is for The Outlawz Color Challenge for September 25.  Laurian chose this color combination.

I used:
Kaisercraft Mary from the Belle Collection
Yellow marbled paper from my stash
Spellbinders leaf die
Evergreen Bough Distress Ink
Sizzix On The Edge die
Autumn Leaves brad
Hero Arts sentiment

2 comments:

  1. So very clever!! Would never have thought of using a dryer sheet and it looks great - does it smell nice too ???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You use a used dryer sheet. It still has some aroma. The tutorial I used said to put glitter on the edge of the finished flowers, but since I do most of my cards for OWH, I didn't use glitter.

      Delete