Followers

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Butterflies for Fall

We made this card last night in Linda Howard's class at Scrapbooking Made Simple.  I really liked the technique and it just went right along with the challenges I intended to enter this week, especially the colors for The Play Date Cafe.  To do the background, we stamped the image with black pigment ink and embossed it with clear embossing powder.  When it was ready, we used distress inks to add the color.  Then we cut the purple die cut in half to use as a shadow for the image.  The butterflies were fussy cut.
 
 
 
I am entering this card in the following challenges:
 
The Play Date Cafe #151 - Color Challenge
 

 
 
2 Sisters Challenge Blog - Things with wings with optional glitter.  I did not use the glitter
 
 
 

6 comments:

  1. Margaret, this is really stunning. I love your flourish.
    Blessing hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. stunning card lovely colours thanks for sharing with us at 2sisters this week and good luck with the challenge Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Margaret love your card, butterflies are my favorite.....thanks for sharing with us at TTCRD

    ReplyDelete
  4. So Beautiful! I love the embossing and that gorgeous butterfly. Thanks for joining us this week at Through The Craftroom Door.

    ReplyDelete
  5. super...love the butterflies! Thanks for joining us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The distress inks on the butterflies are gorgeous! I love the embossing! Thanks for playing along with us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete