Followers

Sunday, August 19, 2012

OWH Sketch 134



I bought this set of stamps from Kaisercraft when my stamping teacher used them in a class a cuple months ago.  First of all, I sponged the piece of white cardstock with different colors distress inks.  Then I stamped the "treasure" image on it. Using a Versamark Watermark pen, I traced over the letters in the word, the crown and the suitcase handle.  I covered it with clear embossing powder and heat set it.  The blacks are really shiny although it doesn't really show in hte picture.  I also distressed the star paper to give it a little less brightness.  The hearts were cut with my ancient heart punch from Creative Memories.  I added Glossy Accents to the yellow heart.

9 comments:

  1. Another great card! You never cease to amaze me!! PS: Thanks also for the sweet Birthday message yesterday! We have a wonderful day !!

    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Margaret, I love this stamp and your hearts stand out so nicely. Great card for this sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the sponging! Great card! TFS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Margaret, you've got a lot of deail goin on here. Love your sponging and the stamps you used. The shine really shows.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card. Love the multicolored distressing. I'm sure that the embossing is beautiful IRL. It is frustrating not being able to capture the beauty of some of our cards but the recipient will be able to appreciate it and will love it. Thanks for playing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the heart as the treasure. The distressing you did is stunning

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love how you stamped on multi colored paper! Great card, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card, Margaret! I love the distress ink multicolor sponging - creates a great backdrop for that awesome stamp! Thanks for joining us in this week's OWH Stars & Stamps Sketch Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Margaret -- I really like your stamp and how you used the distress ink. I am going to have to try that technique. I see how nice it looks and I never remember to try it. Thanks for the inspiration.

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete