Followers

Saturday, August 11, 2012

One More Challenge

I keep looking for challenges to enter - ones that really picque my interest - i.e. ones that have prizes.  I was searching this morning and found The Play Date Cafe.  The challenge was a color challenge.


I used techniques that I learned in both Tim Holtz's Creative Chemistry online class and the recent Stretch Your Stamps.  This is my card.


To make this card, I used a sketch we did in Linda Howard's class last week.  I formed the card from a piece of orange Recollections cardstock.  I cut the four yellow pieces from a piece of yellow Recollections cardstock.  Again, Recollections for the pink.  I sponged Picked Raspberry, Spiced Marmalade and Squeezed Lemonade Distress Ink on a piece of white cardstock and stamped the image over it with a Martha Stewart stamp and Archival Ink.  I used the same stamp and the Squeezed Lemonade ink to stamp the images on the smaller yellow cardstock.  The sentiment is from Hero Arts.  The twine is American Crafts.

5 comments:

  1. Great use of the colors - I'd love for you to link up at 52 Card Pickup this week!

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/08/52-card-pickup-week-32.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is beautiful! I love your design, and the pretty stamping you did! Thank you for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great take on the color story this week! I love the panels! Thanks for playing along with us at The Play Date cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. FAB use of the colors! Thanks for playing with us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so pretty!!! Thanks for playing with us at the PDCC!!!

    ReplyDelete