Followers

Friday, August 10, 2012

It's Time to Celebrate

Although I don't usually make square cards, the challenge for CAS-ual Fridays today was to make a square card.  I just happened to have a package of 5.5" square cards that I bought a long time ago thinking they were 6".  CAS is not always easy for me so I went to Mojo Monday sketches and found a square card that would work well with CAS. 



The next step was a trip to my scrap bucket to come up with pieces to make the card without cutting into a fresh sheet of paper.  Since a good friend has a birthday coming up soon, I decided to make it a birthday card or at least a celebrate since I don't think she wants to be reminded that it is her birthday.  I had purchased a new Hero Arts sentiment set on the shop hop so I used the celebrate stamp for the sentiment.  An old Prima flower from my stash, a pearl from Want2Scrap and a branch cut with my new Spellbinder Foliage dies and my card was complete.


I am getting a little better with CAS, but they still scare me stiff when I think about doing one.

I am also entering this in the following challenges:

Wags 'N Whiskers (birthday card)
Crafty Catz (anything goes)

6 comments:

  1. Hello...lovely card,thanks for playing along with our ANYTHING GOES at CRAFTY CATZ this week, x carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a gorgeous super card thanks for joining in with us over at Crafty catz hugs sassyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your CAS card, thanks for sharing it with us at CraftyCatz this week.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go using up those scraps....I love when I can do that too :0)
    Fabulous design and great choice of papers.
    Thanks for joining in the fun at CASual Fridays this week :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet card! Fabulous way to use up scraps, love the little flower :) Thanks for playing this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card! Thanks so much for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete