Followers

Monday, August 20, 2012

Faux Patina

Faux Patina was the theme for today's challenge on SpeedyTV Challenge.  I had never done it before so I thought I would give it a try.  I can't use the finished product for OWH because of the glitter, but I will send this card to Rozy as a thank you for the birthday check.  I didn't have the distress ink colors Pat used in the tutorial, so I improvised with my own.   I used Brushed Corduroy on the embossing folder; then followed it with Dusty Concord, Broken China and Vintage Photo.  Up to this point I was really liking what I saw.  Then I dabbed a few spots with Versamark and covered it with the gold Ranger Embossing Tinsel and heat set it and everything changed.  I'm not sure I like the gold because it somewhat covers up the colors.  I will give it another go and possibly use a clear embossing powder.  I don't like the way it set up with the heat gun.  It is still way too grainy.  Maybe it was just the Ranger Tinsel.  Most of the time it is much smoother than this mwhen I use regular embossing powder.

4 comments:

  1. Love the colors you used. Thanks for joining TTSTV

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your card!!! Your patina is perfect and I love the simple but elegant sentiment and ribbon! Very nice... Thanks for joining us this week at TTSTV!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great patina, it's fun to see how different each project turns out...I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a great job with the faux patina! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Tutorial Time on SpeedyTV.

    ReplyDelete