Followers

Sunday, August 12, 2012

A Just for Fun Card

I saw a color challenge when I was surfing this morning, but I didn't have the image stamp they required.  I decided to do it anyway using their colors - pastel colors of the rainbow.  So, I surfed a little further and found a couple challenges that it would qualify for. 

I am entering this in:
Chocolate, Coffee & Cards Challenge -- embossing either wet or dry
Craft Ann's Challenge -- at least 2 circles


I used the pastel colors from my scraps.  I die cut them with my new Die-Namics Hexagons Dies.  Once cut, I adhered them to a 5.25 x 4" piece of cardstock and then laid them out in order of the colors in that first site.  Then I ran that piece through my Big Shot using the circles embossing folder.  I added the pastel colored ribbon and then adhered the piece to the card base (Recollections).  The image is from Penny Black, stamped on white cardstock and colored with Copics.  I cut the background for the image with my Spellbinders die.  The little tiny butterflies on the image are from the outer circle of the die.  I colored them with Copics and adhered them around the flower and on the sentiment die cut.  The sentiment die cut is from an SU punch.  I adhered the sentiment to the card with a little foam to give it a little dimension.

3 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous colourful card! Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's
    Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely use of that embossing folder. Great card. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Ann's.
    Jen x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have made a lovely card which fits our challenge well. Thanks for taking part in Crafty Ann's Challenge this fortnight and best of luck. We hope to see you back again very soon. Best wishes, Kym, Crafty Ann's Design Team xxx

    ReplyDelete