Followers

Monday, July 16, 2012

The Outlawz Color Challenge July 17



I started with a card I saw on Pinterest for my inspiration.  It turned out to be basically the same sketch pattern, with my own twists to make it my own.  I used a pure (water squirt) white for the card base, the background color, the vertical strip and the die cut.  My next layer was black for the die cut, the strip, and the background color.  I used Recollections Horizon ink for the background and the flourish.  I inked an embossing folder with the Horizon ink and ran the white paper through my Big Shot to make the background.  I stamped the flourish with the same ink and used Hero Arts Fabulous Flourish stamp.  The dies cuts are done with Spellbinders.  The image is a digi from A Day for Daisies.  I used Copic markers to color the image and the ribbon.  The only blue ribbon I had was either very pale or very dark.  I took a piece of the pale ribbon and colored it darker with the same dark blue I used in the girl's dress.  I added some Frosted Lace Stickles to the dark blue balloons and the darkest part of her skirt. 

1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful, Margaret. You did a gorgeous job with the image and I love that bow.
    Blessing hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete