Followers

Monday, July 9, 2012

The Outlawz Color Challenge - 7/10



This was a fun challenge.  Not only was it my turn as DT to pick the color combination, but I just loved the colors I picked.  I originally had thought to use a Christmas scene, but changed my mind at the last minute.  I found a tutorial on Splitcoast Stampers to make my own background using glue and distress ink.  I cut a piece of white paper to 4 x 5/25.  Then I put a few drops of Elmer's Glue-All on it and pulled the drops to streaks with my finger.  After it dried, I used Shabby Shutters Distress Ink to cover it and then wiped the excess off the glue.   I colored a piece of white ribbon with Carmine Copic Marker.  The die cuts were done with Spellbinders scalloped ovals and colored with Gathered Twigs Distress Ink.  The sentiment is from Inkadinkado Thoughts for the Day stamp set.  I used LaLa Land Marci Ballerina for my image and colored it with Copics.  I forgot to make a list of the colors I used before I put them all away.  I popped both the image and the sentiment with pop dots.

1 comment:

  1. Love the colour combo and a very cute card - must try that background technique too, looks great!!

    ReplyDelete