Followers

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

One More Collage Card for Day 2

This technique is called Watercolor Emboss Resist.  I pressed distress ink onto my craft sheet, spritzed it with water, then pressed a piece of watercolor paper down onto the ink.  I dried the ink with my heat tool.  Then embossed the stamp onto the watercolor paper and heat set it.  The next step was to cover the piece with black ink using the direct method.  Then wipe off the excess black ink.  That raised the embossed image. I used a edge punch on the finished product.  The colored cardstock is a scrap piece of Basic Grey.  I used the brick embossing folder to emboss a piece of craft paper, then covered the raised bricks with Archival Brilliance Moonlight White ink and heat set it to dry since it is a pigment ink.  The sentiment is from Hero Arts, punched with a SU punch.

4 comments:

  1. Margaret, again this is really cute, I especially like the punched edge. Could you bring it to SU Thursday so I can admire it in real life?
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Margaret, This is my next project. It came out very well. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving the sweet love. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great card. I bought this stamp awhile ago and I am still trying to figure out how to present it and I like how you layered it onto your card. I want to use it with the Miss You All the Time from the OWH Hero Arts set. Into my Hero Arts file for this stamp your card is going so I can get the gumption up to make a card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really nice - I also have this stamp :)

    ReplyDelete