Followers

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Crafting by Designs - A Year in Cards - July

The challenge:

Create a Shape Card

Easy Peasy, since I have so many Spellbinders. 


I actually created this card for a challenge on another site, but after I finished it, I realized I had forgotten the twist.  I added the initial, but I didn't think it showed up enough.  So, I decided to use the card for this challenge.

I cut thc card base with the darker cardstock and Spellbinders.  Then I cut the lighter purple with the same die and made an easel out of my card.  The inner darker color is cut with a smaller die from the same set and then embossed to simulate bubbles in water.  The banner is also a Spellbinders and distressed with Shaded Lilac distress ink.  The image is from La La Land - Mermaid Marci.  I colored her with Copics, used Stickles on her scales and Glossy Accents on the starfish in her hair.  I added the initial at her waist, but I was not really happy with it when I finished.  It didn't stand out enough for me. Liquid Pearls outline her top.  The sentiment is from Hero Arts.  I popped the sentiment on the bottom of the easel card so that it would stand up.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Margaret. SUch a cute mermaid. Popped by to say thank you very much for visiting my blog during the OWH/OWH bloghop. Me and my team were blown away by the huge number of lovely comments we reveived from our American friends. =0)

    ReplyDelete