Followers

Sunday, May 6, 2012

OWH VCMP #7

The challenge was to make "sister" cards, one Hero card and one for someone to send  home.  I'm not sure I followed the category the way it was supposed to be - sister cards are two cards that are similar in design and/or inspiration, but still different in their own way - but, I used the same ribbon and papers on both cards.  So, as far as I am concerned, this is about as related as these sisters are going to get.

To send home:


The background paper on this card is from a Scrapflair digi, the stamp is Great Impressions, stamped with Color Box gold, the ribbon is from Michaels, the USA is a strip that I think is K & Company.

Hero Card:


Recollections cardstock, ribbon from Michaels, stamp from my stash, brad unknown.

4 comments:

  1. Great cards, Margaret! As mom to a twice deployed son, and a three time deployed son in law, I certainly appreciate your thinking of our soldiers! Our SIL is actually in Afghanistan now. He and DD were married Feb.4th, and he deployed Feb. 28th... Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great cards! Love the ribbon--definitely going to need to get my hands on some of that :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Margaret,

    These absolutely count as "sister cards" -- and they are wonderful!

    Thanks so much for playing along with this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Margaret....these are divine! I love everything about them!

    ReplyDelete