Followers

Saturday, May 5, 2012

OWH VCMP 5-5


OWH is  having a Virtual Card Making Party this weekend to celebrate National Scrapbook Weekend.  Instead of doing scrapbooking, we are making cards.  The first challenge is to make a card for a child using paper piecing!

I used the Sizzix stamps and die set, Balloons and Cupcakes.  I stamped the cupcake base and then cut it with the Sizzix.  I used a Cuttlebug embossing folder to simulate swirls on the icing.  The white swirls and the balloon are from the Sizzix set.  I used embroidery thread for the balloon string.  The background is embossed with a Cuttlebug folder.  I put foam behind the balloon to give it a little depth.


 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Margaret! What a YUMMY cupcake! I love how you used the embossing folder for the frosting--what a great idea I will have to "borrow"! I can just see the smile on a child's face when they open this card from Mom or Dad! Beautiful job! p.s. I'm retired and addicted to cardmaking, too!

    ReplyDelete