Followers

Monday, May 21, 2012

The Outlawz Color Challenge 5-22



The twist was to add inking or painting technique.  I used a technique that I have come to love from Tim Holtz's recent online class on using inks.  I sponged the distress inks onto the cardstock, then flicked water onto it to make the drops.  I used the distress tool to distress the edges.  I backed the image panel with black to carry through with the black of the flower.  A "miss you" sentiment and it is ready for the OWH box for this month.

Materials used:

Recollections cardstock
Tim Holtz Distress Ink: Squeezed Lemonade, Spun Sugar, Ripe Persimmon
Tim Holtz Distressing Tool
Elizabeth Craft Designs Lotus Flower Peel & Stick - I used the negative
Hero Arts Year Round Sentiment stamp
Ribbon from my stash

No comments:

Post a Comment