Followers

Thursday, April 5, 2012

OWH Midweek Throwdown


The challenge was a card with a Thinking of You sentiment.  I still have a lot of the papers left that I made for the Tim  Holtz first lesson in his latest Creative Chemistry 101 class, which was using Distress Ink and splashing water on it.  This has become my latest favorite technique.  I just love the look it gives.  I played around with several color combinations and amounts of water splashed on it.  For the flower I used my new Spellbinders Aster Flower Topper dies and used a little distress ink to stencil it.  The ribbon is from Michaels.  Sentiment is a Impressions Obsession stamp.

9 comments:

  1. Hi Margaret! The background paper is fabulous! Looks like you had a really good time making those papers. I know I really enjoyed it too and I'm feeling the need to do some more after seeing this beautiful card. Love the flower too, I love asters and I didn't know about the Spellbinders die. Saving my money....

    Thanks for playing in our Midweek Throwdown Challenge at Operation Write Home Stars & Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Margaret, what a beautiful card! Your distressed background is a nice "canvas" for this piece of art.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the watercolor look as a background with the lovely pastel shades. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Margaret! Oh my goodness - what a gorgeous card! I love the background - you did a fabulous job! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The subtle look of the pastels splashed with water is so pretty! And the flower is unique. I am always cautious about using flowers as so many are "the same old thing". THIS flower is one of a kind :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Margaret! That "splash" effect is so striking. I am not taking the class butI amy have to give this a try when I have some free time to play. I love the artistic quality of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Paula. You can still sign up and do the class on your own. That's what I'm doing.

      Delete
  7. Gorgeous! Wow :) Thanks for playing in our Midweek Throwdown challenge at Operation Write Home!

    Margaret, I need a sample card maker for a future OWH Midweek Throwdown challenge and would like to talk to you. You can contact me at gonestampin(at)gmail(dot)com Thanks!

    ReplyDelete