Followers

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

OWH Faux Leather Challenge


The first time I tried this technique, I just covered the tape with distress ink and it worked fine.  This time I followed the tutorial and used translucent embossing powder and heat set it over the faux leather panel.  It is a little shinier than I would like, but it will have to do.  I used a combination of Recollections and Bazzill cardstock.  The tiger stamp is from TLC Creations digi stamps.  The sentiment is from Michaels.  I colored the tiger with Copics E15, E19, G82 and G89.  I used Tim Holtz Distress Ink Rusty Hinge to cover the faux leather panel.

7 comments:

  1. What a wonderful masculine card and the faux leather technique is fantastic. With your card as an example, I'm going to TRY this technique. (Sometimes I have a hard time imaging how something will turn out. This card is great!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first time I tried it, I didn't use the embossing powder. It worked fine but didn't have the glossy look the powder does. When I tried it the second time, I used dabbers to apply the ink. It didn't work. This time I rubbed the ink pad over the tape and it colored just great. Experiment. It does work.

      Delete
  2. Very nice card. Thanks for sharing your tips, too. The tiger stamp is a really nice touch on this Dad's card! --Yvonne B.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Margaret - great job on your faux leather. I found mine to be shinier than I thought it would be - but I do like the texture that it provides. Great card too -- I like the image you used - very masculine.

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it does look shinny. I didn't like it at first, but I got used to it.

      Delete
  4. Margaret - Your card is terrific. The color on your faux leather piece and in your tiger compliment one another extremely well. Nice coloring job too. Thank you for sharing your various attempts at the faux leather technique.

    ReplyDelete