Followers

Saturday, March 3, 2012

March ODB Challenge for OWH


Supplies:
Shimmer Sheetz by Elizabeth Craft Designs
Cardstock: Recollections
Copic Marker
Brads: Recollections
Tim Holtz Springtime Background embossing folder
Spellbinders die
Color Box Mermaid ink

The challenge for March on Our Daily Bread on OWH was:

Choose three elements that are in a row either vertically, horizontally or diagonally and incorporate them on your card. For example, if you choose diagonal down from the top left then your card should have brads, layers and ribbon.
TIC-TAC-TOE
Three in a Row
Brads

Piercing
Stripes

Digi stamp


Layers

Embossing

Die cut
Fun fold
Ribbon

I chose the diagonal from left to right.  I embossed  the Shimmer Sheetz, then sanded it. I colored the sentiment with Copic B04 to match the Shimmer Sheetz.

9 comments:

  1. Duh! I hadn't been Up long when I was here before. Blame me not figuring out where to post on my lack of a shower and some coffee. This is beautiful card. I would like to try this technique. Maybe you need to offer OWH tutorial

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love what you created by embossing and sanding the background!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful colors and the embossing really adds dimension. I am not familiar with this technique. As Cora suggested -- maybe a tutorial is in order????

    ReplyDelete
  4. some of my favorite colors in this card - very nice - thanks for supporting OWH

    Barb Housner

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is one beautiful card! Thanks for helping us win postage!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. I embossed a piece of Shimmer Sheetz and lightly sanded it afterward.

      Delete