Followers

Saturday, February 11, 2012

OWH VCMP #10

The challenge was to make a card with a vintage theme.  I was inspired by http://honeyhomeschoolhomestead.blogspot.com/2012/02/victorian.html for this vintage card.  I had only looked at the card she made before I put mine together.  After I finished my card, I read  her post on her blog.  I had a good laugh when I read that she had patterned her card after a card she saw on my blog.


I used OWH sketch #19 for this card. I used kraft paper for my card base, a scrap of SU and another scrap from a cat layout I had made some time ago.  I used Tim Holtz Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink to give it a little vintage look. The solid colored cardstock is from my scrap bin.  The bling is Recollections and the sentiment stamp is from The Paper Company - my favorite sentiment collection.  I found the picture on the web.  It amazes me how many cards I have been able to use by digging into the scrap bin for just that right sized little piece of paper.

9 comments:

  1. I've always loved that cat picture, never found a place in my house to use it though. I love what you did with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Margaret, this is a great image and your card is lovely. I love the papers and bling too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the layers! I was planning on posting to you that I mentioned your blog and cards. It is funny the circle of inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. NJ on the vintage challenge! Great kitty image and background papers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh lah lah, Margaret, tres bien! (High school French, lol). I love vintage cards because they are mini collages. Great old French poster art and beautifully done card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great story! I love when inspiration goes full circle. Perfect image for a vintage theme card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Scraps are fun and easy to use and it is so satisfying to find just the right one! I like the contrasting colors here and being a cat-lover, really like the main image :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love your vintage image. Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete