Followers

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

OWH Tuesday Tutorial



This was made from the tutorial posted today on OWH Stars and Stamps blog.  It was originally designed to be a gift card holder.  I didn't want to do a gift card holder so I made it just a card.  I started with a piece of green folded to 4 1/2 x 5.  I embossed the front of the card, then cut it to be the shape of a coffee cup.  The fold is at the top.The brown band is corrugated paper.  You can use a crimper on plain cardstock too.  The white lid is the same dimensions as on the OWH site.  I do not have a lipstick stamp so I couldn't put the lipstick on the lid as was shown in the tutorial.

6 comments:

  1. Great job Margaret!! I thank you so much for adding the idea of a top folding card! And I love your sentiment!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. VERY nice - - - love the embossing you choose =it makes for a perfect cup

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the great idea. I saw the tutorial but didn't want to make a gift card holder either. I like the way your cup stands out with the black background.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The black background is simply the piece of black cardstock I put over it in the scanner. The card is just the shape of the cup.

      Delete
  4. Cute! love your embossing of the cup and the sentiment is perfect and adorable!

    ReplyDelete